WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, with significant capital expenditures and growth in new communities. Westman offers residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Finance responsibilities include operation of the company’s general ledger and financial reporting systems, maintaining capital assets plant inventory and subsidiary financial records, and various other financial management and accounting duties.
What you’ll do:
• Assist with preparation of month end and year end financial reports
• Provide clerical and accounting assistance as required, including accounts payable, capital reporting, and regulatory reports
• Assist with the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and the preparation of reports
• Provide timely and accurate information and reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
• Contribute positively in a timely manner to all phases of planning and implementation of various projects undertaken.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Completion of post secondary courses in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field or two years of equivalent related experience.
• Experience with budget, accounting, and accounting reporting systems
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Specifically, Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
• Exceptionally organized, with proven ability to perform under tight deadlines, while prioritizing multiple responsibilities
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.