Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) - - -
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
As a reporter based in Montreal, you will work on multiple platforms as needed – digital, radio and television – to cover arts/cultural affairs and events with clarity, depth and accuracy.
You will primarily report for our TV newscasts, write copy for ICI Radio-Canada.ca, and may also produce content for ICI RDI or radio newscasts.
You will meet requirements for live, feature and digital reporting by producing thorough, high-quality journalism on the arts scene, in accordance with corporate standards and practices.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ journalism experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Montreal, Quebec, Canadian and international arts and cultural communities.
- Extensive general knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of current events.
- Capacity to prepare original television new stories in a context of fast work environment: capacity to find story angles,to present story scenarios, to do conceptualization, to identify appropriate characters.
- Superior live reporting skills.
- Solid knowledge of writing techniques specific to platforms (Web, Radio, TV).
- Familiarity with digital tools.
- Superior French - language skills.
- Superior English - language skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the CBC/Radio-Canada’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- Ability to create contacts.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in the newsroom environment.
- Must possess a valid driver`s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada's insurance company.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.