Halifax, NS, Canada Req #604
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The Java Developer will work as part of an Eastlink team responsible for the creation and enhancement of middleware applications. This role will work with front-end developers to build the required middleware components, exposed as web services. They will require extensive Java experience to recommend and implement solutions. The team would follow the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to deliver the production applications.
A technical problem solver, quick learner and effective communicator, the successful candidate will have demonstrated a high level of autonomy, strong attention to detail, and has the capability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities while keeping a high level of organization in their daily work.
• Post-Secondary Degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge level with at least 5 years of relevant work experience
• Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Linux usage and scripting, SQL Databases (including the development of SQL scripts and stored procedures), and Java based web services
• Experience with JBOSS EAP and SOA
• Experience with serializing/de-serializing JSON and XML to/from POJOs
• Experience with J2EE Web Services, utilizing JAX-RS & JAXB annotations
• Experience with Test Driven Development and automated testing
Nice to have:
• Experience with JBOSS Fuse Service Works (Switchyard)
• Experience with SOAP APIs
• Experience with Spring Boot
• Experience with Apache Camel
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Agile product development (using frameworks like Scrum or XP)
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.