Burlington, Ontario, Canada
At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
Accountable to develop and continuously evolve Service Management processes which include but not limited to: Incident / Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Request Management for the Network, Operations and Technology Delivery department. In addition, duties include but are not limited to: Guide resolver groups and provide input into future functionality and features through Service Management; maintaining and improving data and reporting for processes implemented through Remedy or the new ITSM tool, documenting and making transparent all relevant processes and procedures; reporting on and evolving of KPIs, delivery of post-incident reviews and executive summaries. The position will work with NOTD support staff to accomplish goals related to process and continuous improvements, cost reduction and knowledge management.
1. Functions as a SME in the definition, implementation and management of assigned Service Management Processes.
2. Performs day-to-day process administration.
3. Actively promotes and educates NOTD resources
4. Ensures the process is understood by all participants.
5. Responsible for periodic assessments/audits to ensure process compliance with statutory rules.
6. Responsible for baselining and improving process maturity.
7. Ensures compliance to the defined process key controls.
8. Ensures the appropriate process inputs/outputs are being produced.
9. Define, monitor and publish regular process controls and KPIs for Management reviews.
10. Designs and implements efficient procedures within NOTD
11. Provide periodic trainings to enhance competency
12. Seek feedback on process improvements and align it to Industry and ITIL Best Practices
13. Responsible for sharing Best Practices on the relevant processes with the identified Process Owners and Process Coordinators on a periodic basis.
14. Monitor performance of implemented processes, obtain and provide feedback wherever required.
15. Deliver post-incident reviews and executive summaries reports within 5 days after occurrence.
16. Run post-incident reviews with Problem and Change Management to ensure continuous improvement and root cause analysis
17. As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company
18. Supports Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs
● Bachelor degree in relevant discipline or combination of equivalent education and work experience required.
● 8+ years IT experience, with 2 to 3 years in a IT Process Management position
● Experience coordinating IT teams.
● Familiarity with BMC ITSM Remedy tool.
● ITIL knowledge is required;
● ITIL Foundation certification is required.
● ITIL Intermediate, Expert Certifications is a strong asset
● Knowledge of C198 requirements for change management is an asset
● Extensive understanding of functional and technical IT architecture including server, network, databases, applications and interfaces.
● Demonstrated ability to execute processes and methodologies.
● Strong customer and business orientation.
● A 360 degree view of technical changes and customers’ needs.
● Ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment. Experienced in effectively executing multiple tasks while working with conflicting priorities.
● Ability to handle situations involving urgent changes.
● Well-developed impact analysis skills with the ability to see the “big picture” impact of decisions/actions.
● Have the ability to work with external suppliers/vendors, and ensure all communications are received on a timely manner
● Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish good working relationships with others.
● Open to change, with a learning attitude towards work, teams and customer service. Monitors own work for quality. Promotes quality work.
● Strong presentation and writing skills.
● Bilingualism is an asset.
● Comfort and composure in working in a constantly changing, high-pressure environment is required.