As the first preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers, at Northwestel, we’re driven by a vision is of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, our competitive compensation includes pay, team incentive plans and northern allowances. We also offer comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families.
Our Analyst, IT Security has a tremendous impact on the success of Northwestel’s IT Security and is responsible for protecting Northwestel’s IT assets from security breaches which could lead to data loss or service interruptions. To be successful the Analyst, IT Security must understand the diverse security infrastructure that supports Northwestel’s business and be able to differentiate and respond to the unique operational and security requirements.
As our Analyst, IT Security you will:
- Monitor and interpret security alerts to provide initial response, analysis, and incident management.
- Assess and establish mitigation steps to ensure appropriate incident treatment as well as inform the Security Architect, Corporate Security, and Northwestel management.
- Manage a variety of security devices such as VPN, firewall, SEIM system, host intrusion prevention systems, identity and access programs, data loss prevention systems, anti-virus, and anti-spam systems.
- Configure and maintain security devices and appliances as well as provides general knowledge and recommendations for security best practices.
- Adhere to strict security and authentication protocols when dealing with all levels of security requests.
- Create, update and maintain documentation related to security assets, controls, incidents and breaches.
- Reports security metrics to Architect, IT Security for presentation to Northwestel management and or Corporate Security.
- Available for call outs after normal business hours in the event of a security incident.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Technology or Information Assurance.
- Professional certifications: GIAC, CISSP, CISM, Juniper JUNOS SRX Platform, AJSEC, JNCIS-SA.
- Minimum of five (5) years of information systems experience, a combination of relevant experience and Information Security certifications may be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of security operational policies, procedures and the ability to interpret SIEM alerts and supporting technologies.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment methods as it relates to vulnerability management.
- Understanding of mitigation safeguards and responses at the systems, network, and application level (VPN, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, system hardening, single sign-on, encryption technologies).
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption, and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design.
- Proven communication, presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of PCI, NIST, CIS, SANS, ISO 27001 or other security frameworks are considered assets.
The successful incumbent must be open to Secret Security Clearance issued by the Government of Canada.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Sales incentive bonus
- Paid vacation with a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 16-0256