CityWest Cable & Telephone Corp (www.citywest.ca)
Job Title: IT Manager, Inside Plant
Location: Terrace or Prince Rupert, BC
Reporting the Chief Technology Officer, the IT Manager, Inside Plant will partner with CityWest’s different lines of businesses to quickly turn strategy into action across a number of strategic, operational and transformational technology initiatives. We are looking for an individual with IP Data and Telephony PBX background, business analysis and critical thinking skills who can support both short and long term technology planning, analysis and implementation.
- Develops and manages inside plant operations teams
- Manages customer relationships to ensure projects and technology products are delivered and exceed stakeholder satisfaction
- Manages vendor relationship to ensure that hardware and support requirements are meet
- Develops and maintains a detailed business plan, develop plans for continuous improvement relative to business and operational KPIs
- Attends and actively participates in executive meetings, management team meetings, and other business meetings as required
- Identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to CityWest business and Technology (IP Data, Internet, Cable, TV & Telephony)
- Examines and reviews current business processes and make recommendations for performance improvements
- Implements new and legacy products and services subsequent to CityWest goals and objectives
- Identifies and addresses gaps in service delivery, establishing new policies and procedures as required
- Manages and supports both IP Data and Telephone technology in theory and hands-on capability
- Leads budget performance and optimization efforts
- Understanding of Telecommunications industry and/or Retail an asset
- 5 years of senior level management experience in the telecommunications industry
- Ideal candidate is an accomplished, customer-centric business and operations leader
- Demonstrated past success in customer fulfillment operations, new product introductions, planning, strategy development/implementation, and technology integration.
- Broad knowledge of the technical aspects of the telecommunications industry across inside and outside plant, with a deep appreciation for health and safety standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP Data and Telephone system physical infrastructure design, engineering and implementation including, managed services, call-out support and emergency service restoration
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization both internally and externally from technicians to senior executives
- Demonstrated success in change management and organizational transformation
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and tools to plan and execute projects
- Strategic thinker comfortable with ambiguity and ability to execute in a creative manner
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build and support telephone system such as Nortel, Mitel, Avaya or Meta PBX system, Hosted PBX and Voice Over IP (VoIP).
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated propensity to establish process and service standards
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines, while managing multiple conflicting internal and external priorities, ability to manage through ambiguity and change.
- Demonstrated forecasting ability
- Fibre and copper plant knowledge and experience
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to base decision making on sound analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Organization and time management skills with ability to manage high volume workloads
- Understand current state design/configuration (or future state needs if none exists) and coordinate the development of a cohesive technical solution delivery estimate of the proposed solution that supports business needs while integrating all necessary solution components to effect desired change
- Understand which potential applications/technology solutions would require change in order to satisfy a change in the business requirements for a solution
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Ability to motivate a team of managers and field technicians, who work in highly remote, geographically diverse regions.
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent business experience
- Telco and/or Retail experience an asset
- Consulting experience an asset
- 5 or more years related experience in Information Technology ( IP, DATA, Voice, TV and Telephony).
- 5+ years designing and developing technology solutions for IT/Business projects of varying complexity and global scope, translating business requirements to deliver technical solutions that enable.
- 5+ years in a role of design and support with network and relative telecom environments, working in an SME capacity.
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco/Juniper/Nortel Technologies for LAN, WAN, and design and support interaction with voice and video platforms.
- 5 years’ experience in complimentary network solutions that enhance routing, service optimization, security, and redundancy.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and isolate impactful network issues with the capability to quickly focus on a plan for response and resolution. Expertise in problem resolution and identification for service improvement.
- Cisco or Juniper and Meta/Nortel/Avaya certification will be an asset
- Able to re-locate on the beautiful place of Northern British Columbia (Terrace or Prince Rupert)