Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The IT Manager leads a team responsible for the operation of corporate systems, applications and services.
Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations, they’re accountable for:
• Providing leadership and primary supervision for a team of System Administrators and Analysts;
• Setting the tone and building on a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and acting on opportunities for elevating the customer experience; enhancing product and
service quality; and driving operational efficiency;
• Organizing, guiding and managing escalation of troubleshooting problems, issues and outages;
• Providing recommendations and/or planning input to the selection, design and implementation of operational products, technologies and processes;
• Planning staffing requirements; managing maintenance and support contracts and subscriptions; preparing and managing budgets;
• Contributing and assisting with operational projects and tasks;
• Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement;
Key Systems, Applications and Services
• Communication and Collaboration (Exchange, SharePoint, Group Chat);
• Authentication and Authorization (Active Directory, SSO);
• Systems Management (SCCM);
• Patch Management;
• Mobile Device Management;
• Security (AV, Endpoint Encryption);
• File Storage, Transmission and Sharing;
• IT Service Management.
• 10+ years’ hands-on experience with operating and managing IT systems, applications and/or services;
• 3+ years’ experience with operations management;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Strong understanding of key Internet system and networking platforms, technologies and protocols
• Positive and engaging;
• A clear and effective written and verbal communicator;
• An entrepreneurial, self-starter who does not require frequent or detailed direction;
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple, rapidly changing requirements and priorities
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills;
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.