Category:Accounting & Finance
Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Intermediate Accountant - Capital & Inventory
Shaw Communications Inc. has an exciting 6-month contract opportunity for an Intermediate Accountant in our Calgary Corporate office. Reporting to the Manager, Capital and Inventory Accounting, the successful candidate will be accountable for performing a variety of accounting duties in support of inventory, fixed assets and project costing.
• Accountable for month, quarter and year end accounting activities and entries
• Accountable for reconciliations and varaince analysis
• Focus on continuous improvement of activities and processes
• Identify and solution gaps in processes
• Support project costing and internal business partners
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of project accounting experience
• Very strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Accounting designation or equivalent experience is an asset
• Oracle ERP experience is an asset
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in a collabrative team focused environment; adaptive and enthusastic about change
• Positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.