Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Instructional Designer, Culture & Organizational Effectiveness
As a key member of the Culture and Organizational Effectiveness team, this role will focus on a digital-first approach toward learning.
Leveraging expertise in learning theory, instructional design and technologies to create new and enhance existing learning solutions, the successful candidate will enable improved leader development, support increased leadership performance and meet enterprise-wide learning and individual capability development needs.
Experience in instructional design and development as well as the field of Leadership development are required.
• Maintains a strong knowledge of learning principles as they relate to workplace education to support execution of best in class talent and leadership development programs
• Contributes to creating a strong learning culture at Shaw and be committed to modernizing the talent and leadership development function
• Designs and creates engaging and effective learning experiences – with a focus on digital-first solutions – in support of Shaw business goals
• Writes, develops, and sustains self-led and instructor-led content including, but not limited to: quick reference guides, video scripts, eLearning and scenario driven course storyboards, assessments, intranet content, leadership development workshops, etc.
• Researches and implements new and innovative learning methodologies including effective self-paced learning, interactive game-based learning, and social learning solutions
• Manages multiple project engagements from start to finish while achieving measurable results and impact
• Develops and maintain strong working relationships through identification, analysis, engagement and communication with stakeholders affected by or affecting the outcome and over-all success of a project or program.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making in the context of leadership and talent development initiatives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible, detail-driven, proactive self-starter and able to learn and modify approaches
• A team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Strong stakeholder orientation and interpersonal business skills to build and maintain effective relationships, influence clients, manage partner expectations and collaborate with diverse groups
• Exceptional project management skills including: planning work, handling details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well and doing what it takes to deliver reliable results and work independently under minimal supervision
• Well organized with a strong attention to detail, with the ability to set appropriate priorities, manage workloads and multiple projects independently and as part of a team
• Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
• A positive can-do attitude and customer-focused approach
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• 7-10 years of progressive experience in Leadership Development
• 7-10 years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering training solutions in large organizations
• Experience developing adult learning material, as well as conducting needs assessments and building specialized training with a focus on leadership development courses/content, instructional design and e-learning technologies
• A proven track record as an instructional designer for self-led, virtual and classroom-based, adult education courses and workshops
• Bachelor's degree in arts or science in a relevant field such as instructional design
• Relevant certifications and/or associations are desired but not required
• Advanced graphic design skills and experience
• Proficiency using Adobe Suite (including InDesign) and Vyond, with a strong focus on Articulate Storyline narration experience and multimedia skills
• Preferred certification in Leadership Development disciplines
• Instructional design expertise within a corporate bi-lingual environment (EN/FR)
• Expertise in building training materials for mobile devices and e-learning
• A completed certificate in Adult Education, Curriculum Design, Graphic Design and/or e-Learning Design is also an asset
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.