Forest, ON K0H 1V0, Canada Req #997
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Eastlink is currently seeking an Installation and Repair Technician to join our team in Forest, ON and the successful candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this management area.
As a member of an experienced in-field technical team, the Technician will be responsible for providing superior customer service to our customers through the identification, troubleshooting and correction of service problems in the outside plant for both forward and return path. This will include any faults found from the mainline through to the customer’s premises, which would impair the operation of Eastlink’s services. As the successful candidate you will be responsible to perform cable television, internet and phone, copper phone & DSL installations and repair work in order to provide quality and reliable service to subscribers on a consistent basis. The role also performs locating of underground plant, audit and inspection duties, system repair and maintenance and basic head end/Central office maintenance and restoration duties.
Eastlink provides in-house technical, safety and service training which will increase with experience to ensure our Technicians are set up for success.
The ideal candidate is a professional, customer orientated individual who has strong problem solving skills, technical aptitude and enjoys working in a fast paced customer facing work environment.
• Graduation from a recognized Electronics program or equivalent experience;
• Customer service experience;
• Knowledge of basic CATV theory, telecommunications and infrastructure technologies considered an asset;
• Industry repair and maintenance experience is an asset;
• NCTI or SCTE training is considered an asset;
• Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, holidays and emergency situations;
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain & cold);
• Ability to work safely aloft from a ladder, pole gaffs, or bucket truck near energized equipment and/or power lines;
• Ability to manually lift, push and pull up to 90 lbs;
• Ability to kneel, crouch and work above shoulders on occasion;
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record (drivers abstract will be requested);
• Satisfactory criminal background check.
Why choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.