Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) C C C
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Behind the scenes, but ahead of the curve: help us develop the next-generation public broadcaster.
Created in 2015 to align, lighten and modernize infrastructure, MTIS is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. We are the space in between.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly-regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we’re transforming ourselves from conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force. MTIS is the team making it happen.
Respond to user IT and office software issues, monitor network-, peripheral- and software-related operations, as well as manage networks, in order to ensure proper data processing and the availability of IT systems and office software.
More specifically in this role, you will be responsible for providing users with support on all broadcast management applications (OnAir, WO Program, Livelink, BW Cognos, etc.). You will seek innovative solutions to technology support issues and recommend changes to application-related operational procedures as needed. You must obtain stakeholder approval, informing users of any changes to applications and any events that could affect system use. You will assess the impact of application upgrades to minimize any risk for the organization, as well as provide users with advice and training on best practices. You must also draft and maintain all relevant user documentation on broadcast systems
What you will focus on:
- Determine, further to telephone calls or other methods, the nature of IT system operational issues by conducting research, diagnostics and analyses to resolve said issues; take the necessary action, based on priorities, to ensure data processing continuity, referring issues where applicable, and provide detailed reporting of the circumstances and any actions you took while on duty.
- Exercise good judgment, work independently and be proactive and diligent in resolving unanticipated mission-critical issues with a high degree of urgency. Make every effort and use all necessary resources to resolve issues affecting applications.
- Stay up-to-date on business processes in the organization’s various departments to clearly understand client issues. Assess the impact of application upgrades on business processes and communicate changes to users. Issue recommendations for improving business processes in light of system opportunities and constraints.
- Maintain security profiles and review access permissions in compliance with procedures, policies and requirements.
- Complete the appropriate forms and documents; prepare any correspondence and reports required based on information provided, following up as needed.
- For the implementation of new application versions and features, conduct functional tests in accordance with user workflows. Coordinate user acceptance testing. Provide training on new features as needed.Coordinate the rollout with the IT team.
- Interpret, arrange translation and follow up on user change requests with IT and other stakeholders so that business requirements are clearly understood.
- Monitor operations and performance of equipment (computers, telephone and IT links, drives or other peripherals); contact vendors when equipment malfunctions to arrange repairs or replacement.
- Familiarize other people with their jobs by explaining your own duties.
What you bring:
- College diploma in computer support or administrative data processing, or diploma of vocational studies in computer support or the equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience providing on-site and telephone IT support.
- Knowledge of broadcast management applications (OnAir, WO Program) a major asset.
- Familiarity with the business environment related to TV and radio broadcast management systems.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Outstanding ability to analyze, exercise judgment, work independently and be proactive.
- Knowledge of how to install and configure physical elements on a PC, and install operating systems.
- Issue resolution skills in a Microsoft environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Technology troubleshooting knowledge.
- Knowledge of common diagnostic and anti-virus/spyware software.
- Strong ability to communicate with and explain concepts to non-technical users.
- Familiarity with the media production environment an asset.
- Familiarity with IP telephony and mobile phones (Samsung [Android] and iPhone [iOS]).
- Willingness to travel within Canada.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
As a leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and permeate all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.