At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Incident Management, is currently seeking an Incident Coordinator III to join their team.
Reporting to the Director of Incident & Problem Management in the Network Reliability & Assurance department, the successful candidate will be part of a team that ensures the timely resolution of customer-impacting issues as well as accurate and timely communications to stakeholders and front line staff when impacting issues arise.
A typical day
• This position is responsible for monitoring the progress of support issues and escalation of incidents to the appropriate internal teams, coordinating the rapid recovery of incidents in a 24/7 environment. Shift work including graveyard work is expected for half of all working time.
• Coordinate the communication of unplanned outages, ensuring affected users and management stakeholders receive updates and resolution notifications.
• Work with technical teams to ensure accurate and timely information flow, escalation, and support, using multiple communications channels including MS Teams, conference bridges, email and ServiceNow
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of key business initiatives and a solid knowledge of systems and their interactions.
• Drive internal change for the benefit of the company, as well as identify and develop more efficient and effective processes, always with the end customer in mind.
• Lead service excellence in customer experience and technical resolution, through supporting best practices/standards, to enforce consistency and quality.
• Identify customer trends proactively and support improvements to enhance the overall end-to-end experience.
• Own communication to direct reports, their teams and when pertinent, to other stakeholders impacted by your decisions while ensuring all activities are formally documented.
• Provide 24/7 support to Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and Public Safety Answer Points (PSAP) for life and death emergencies
• Proven experience to inspire change and performance through others.
• Experience in dealing effectively and quickly with change and with supporting team members in adapting to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Successful, proven experience showing superior communication skills (both written and oral).
• Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and time management, prioritize work, keep organized and make quality decisions.
• Team player, highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented.
• Ability to work flexible shifts 365 days of the year, including days, evenings & weekends, and stat holidays.
• Knowledge of internal systems such as ServiceNow, Create, SingleView, START/CBS as well as the Office365 Suite would be considered an asset.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:December 3, 2020
Closing date November 19, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.