What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As an In Home Technician, you will:
• Install Internet, cable television, Digital Cable Terminals (DCT), Digital Phone Terminals (DPT) and home entertainment equipment for our customers
• Exchange and collect Shaw equipment to ensure our products are performing at an optimal level
• Maintain accurate inventory information for DCTs, DPTs and modems
• Ensure all work orders are coded accurately and submitted in a timely manner
• Demonstrate, promote and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw’s products and services
• Provide superior customer service
• Various other duties as needed
A typical day
Ensuring we deliver an exceptional customer experience during the installation and servicing process of our Shaw products.
• Minimum Grade 12 education; post-secondary technical schooling (NCTI Installer course) an asset
• Advanced PC hardware and software knowledge; A+ certification an asset
• Previous customer service and strong sales abilities required
• Experience in sales/retail customer service positions an asset
• Prior experience in a cable television environment is an asset
• Strong background in Windows Operating Systems; background in Macintosh environments an asset
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and provide an annual driver’s abstract
• Possess and maintain appropriate tools and equipment to perform the duties
• Possess and maintain a vehicle (and insurance) that meets Shaw specifications and safety standards
• Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions – indoor and outdoor
• Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 – 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Ability to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
• Ability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Posting closing date:March 26, 2021
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.