Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking an Implementation Manager, Civil & Infrastructure to join our team, located in Whitehorse, YT.
You will be accountable for managing capital projects relating to the design and implementation of Northwestel Civil assets based on network evolution and customer requirements.
This will be accomplished through:
- Designing and developing detailed plans to upgrade, replace and/or introduce new & existing civil platforms in accordance to established CSA in the form of projects
- Creating and managing various implementation projects that may include scheduling of resources, and civil infrastructure procurement of buildings, towers and relevant peripherals
- Monitoring capital budget expenditures, performing systems testing and ensure work is done to specification and deadlines
- Developing proposed network designs for review and consideration.
- Engineering support to projects and operations in the form of Fault, Incident and Change Management under ITIL principles.
- Managing Capacity and Availability of assets towards the development of technology business plans.
- Providing input and solutions to strategic planners, steering teams, portfolio management team and the overall Engineering business plan.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
A relevant Bachelors of Engineering Degree, with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with focus on the following key areas: engineering design standards with a structural focus (CSA, National Building Codes), Regulatory governing body regulations and permitting processes, Tower specific designs & testing requirements, Road survey and designs, Controllers & remote monitoring through Internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure, HVAC, along with contract and project management experience, and strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills. ITIL or PMP training or certifications and Telecommunication experience are considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
Friday, February 5, 2016
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-0306