Implementation Manager, Transport
Northwestel is now accepting applications for a full-time Implementation Manager, Transport located in Whitehorse, YT.
Our mission is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. In striving for these goals Northwestel recognizes that our strongest assets are employees. We recognize that work-life balance, competitive compensation package and community involvement are key in retaining top talent.
As the Implementation Manager, Transport you will design, develop, implement, support, and evaluate, microwave radio and fiber optic transmission systems. These systems are used to connect, manage and maintain Northwestel’s modern communication networks. You will be an integral member of the team and may lead cross functional teams that are tasked with deployments of radio and optical fibre equipment to various locations in Northwestel’s operating area.
As our Implementation Manager you will:
- Design and develop detailed plans to upgrade, replace and/or introduce new technology platforms in the form of projects.
- Create and manage various implementation project that may include (but not limited to) scheduling of resources, and procurement of technology platforms and relevant peripherals (hardware and software).
- Monitor capital budget expenditures, perform systems testing and ensure work is done to specification and deadlines.
- Develop proposed network designs for review and consideration.
- Lend engineering support to projects and operations in the form of Fault, Incident and Change Management under ITIL principles
- Manage Capacity and Availability of assets in order that technology business plans can be developed.
- Provide input and solutions to strategic planners, steering teams, portfolio management team and the overall Engineering business plan.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience implementing, configuring or maintaining radio and optical transport networks.
- Advance knowledge of Ethernet, SONET and TDM multiplexing and switching platforms, medium to heavy route microwave radio systems and RF engineering.
- Expertise in measuring, evaluating, and troubleshooting microwave radio links and optical channel links.
- Experience with high-speed optical communication networks and processes for interfacing devices to optical fibre.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management (PMP), facility records systems, MPLS/VPNs, VPLS, Cisco and Juniper platforms.
- CCNA &/or JNCIA, MEF, and PMP certifications are considered an asset.
How should you apply?
- Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
- Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.