Implementation Manager, Satellite
Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking an Implementation Manager, Satellite to join our Transport team, located in Whitehorse, YT.
You will be accountable for managing capital projects relating to the implementation of Northwestel satellite facilities and equipment, based on customer requirements. Determining the most cost effective method for accomplishing project needs from user requirements and planning input, resulting in the development of detailed engineering plans to evaluate and implement new systems and technologies.
This will be accomplished through:
- Designing and developing detailed plans to upgrade, replace and/or introduce new technology platforms in the form of projects.
- Creating and managing various implementation projects that may include scheduling of resources, and procurement of technology platforms and relevant peripherals (hardware and software).
- Monitoring capital budget expenditures, performing systems testing and ensure work is done to specification and deadlines.
- Developing proposed network designs for review and consideration.
- Engineering support to projects and operations in the form of Fault, Incident and Change Management under ITIL principles.
- Managing Capacity and Availability of assets towards the development of technology business plans.
- Providing input and solutions to strategic planners, steering teams, portfolio management team and the overall Engineering business plan.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng) in satellite transport with three years experience in the following areas:
- Data Communication Basics
- Radio Frequency Basics
- Satellite Communication Basics
- Familiarity with iDirect Networks
Consideration will be given to an Engineer in Training with a minimum of 5 years experience in the above listed areas and project design.
The successful candidate will also possess project management experience, strong communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills in Microsoft Office. ITIL or PMP training or certifications and Telecommunication experience are considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-0017