Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking an Implementation Manager, Power to join our team, located in Whitehorse, YT.
You will be accountable for managing capital projects relating to the implementation of Northwestel Power facilities and equipment, based on network evolution and customer requirements.
This will be accomplished through:
- Designing and developing detailed plans to upgrade, replace and/or introduce new technology platforms in the form of projects.
- Creating and managing various implementation projects that may include scheduling of resources, and procurement of technology platforms and relevant peripherals (hardware and software).
- Monitoring capital budget expenditures, performing systems testing and ensure work is done to specification and deadlines.
- Developing proposed network designs for review and consideration.
- Engineering support to projects and operations in the form of Fault, Incident and Change Management under ITIL principles.
- Managing Capacity and Availability of assets towards the development of technology business plans.
- Providing input and solutions to strategic planners, steering teams, portfolio management team and the overall Engineering business plan.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
A relevant Bachelors of Engineering Degree, with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with focus on the following key areas: knowledge of AC power generation, control, and distribution systems, as well as DC power systems, including batteries, rectifiers, DC/DC converters. A basic knowledge of renewable energy power systems, HVAC systems and SCADA systems is required, along with project management experience, and strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills. ITIL or PMP training or certifications and Telecommunication experience are considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-0207