Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Implementation Manager, IT Infrastructure located in Whitehorse, YT.
Your primary accountabilities will be designing and implementing solutions for Northwestel’s IT Infrastructure. This includes all tasks related to design, planning, testing, documentation, implementation, costing, project team member and operational hand off.
- Reviewing business plan objectives for specific technologies.
- Designing and developing detailed plans for IT projects.
- Providing input to project schedules, procure materials, equipment.
- Ensuring work is being done to specifications and meeting timelines
- Provide inputs to capital budget, perform systems testing and acceptance of project.
- Engaging internal personnel and contactors to perform work functions.
- Submitting Requests for Change including Methods of Procedures and Roll Back plans.
- Providing third level technical support to various projects and areas of the organization.
- Managing capacity and availability of assets while tracking and generating asset information.
- Supporting Incident Management, resolution of escalated incidents and resolution of reoccurring incidents.
- Providing input and solutions to Strategic planners and the overall ITM business plan.
- Assessing technological business needs, utilize that assessment to develop business cases for technological solutions.
A diploma in Computer Science with at least three years of experience in Information Systems, utilizing project and time management skills. You will require proven experience designing and implementing solutions using some of the following areas of technology with a specialization in at least one.
Servers and Operating Systems:
Virtualization Technology (e.g. VMWare ESX 5.5 and higher)
Intel based servers
Microsoft Server, 2012 +(MCSE certification is an asset)
Linux (RedHat or CentOS)
Enterprise DNS and DHCP technologies (Microsoft or Bluecat)
Enterprise Caching technology (Web or Video content)
Content Delivery Networks
NAS technology (e.g. NetApp)
Backup and recovery
IP routing protocols
Cisco or Juniper network equipment (CCNA or Networks + an asset)
F5 load balancers
Email Platforms (e.g. MS Exchange, Sun Messaging Server)
SPAM Management tools (e.g. Barracuda)
Blackberry Enterprise Services
Unified Communications technologies
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.