This competition is open until filled, however, the first review date is: January 29th, 2019.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent full-time position of Implementation Manager, Emerging Technology located in Whitehorse, YT.
As an Implementation Manager, Emerging Technology, you will be accountable for designing, implementing and supporting Northwestel's IP core and edge network, consisting of Juniper and Cisco routers and switches. You will be directing cross functional teams that are tasked with building and managing the performance of Northwestel’s Core IP Network as well as providing design and technical support.
- Designing and developing detailed plans.
- Creating and implementing schedules, procuring material and equipment.
- Ensuring work is being done to specifications and meets timelines.
- Prepare cost estimates and monitor capital budget.
- Perform systems and acceptance testing.
- Engaging internal personnel and contactors to perform work functions.
- Submitting Change Requests including detailed Methods of Procedures Providing third level technical support to various projects and areas of the organization.
- Managing capacity and availability of assets while tracking and generating asset information.
- Supporting Incident Management, resolution of escalated incidents and resolution of reoccurring incidents.
- Assessing technological business needs and develop business cases for solutions.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree supplemented with 5 years relevant experience designing, configuring, troubleshooting and implementing IP networks. CCNA and CCNP or Juniper equivalent level certification required. Candidates without CCNP level certification will be expected to achieve certification within a negotiated timeframe. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
- The ability to develop architectures, designs and methods to meet requirements for IP based products and services.
- In depth knowledge of and hands on experience with Cisco or Juniper routers, switches and operating software.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, MPLS, RSVP-TE and LDP.
- Advanced knowledge of typical routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ARP, Spanning tree) and IPV4/IPV6 addressing and subnetting.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and technologies.
- Understanding of the elements of network security (firewalls, ACL etc.) and network management and monitoring and AAA protocols (SNMP, RMON, RADIUS).
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and ability to develop methods of procedure (MOP).
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure router and ethernet switched networks.
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills and with proven ability to manage cross functional project teams and complex technical issues.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, including scheduling, resourcing, costing, financial and risk management, communications and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to express technology issues in business terms.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple conflicting priorities.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.