Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking a self motivated Implementation Manager, Cable Internet Access to join our Transport team, located in Whitehorse, YT.
With strong communication skills and a commitment to customer service the Implementation Manager, Cable Internet Access will design, develop, implement and support Northwestel’s Cable High Speed Internet systems. This includes our Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS), fibre optic transceivers, cable nodes, trunk amplifiers, taps, and other Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) and Fibre to the Home (FTTH) network components, and supporting back office network elements.
The Implementation Manager will collaborate with and lead cross functional teams tasked with building, enhancing and managing the performance of Northwestel’s cable internet access assets. This responsibility makes the ability to express technology issues in business terms and the ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities critical strengths for this role.
What you will need to ensure you are successful in this role:
An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Electrical, Computer, or Network Engineering and a P. Eng or E.I.T. registered in Yukon, NWT, BC or AB. A CCNP or CCNA certification or alternatively the desire to achieve certification, Project Management Professional certification will be considered a strong asset for this position.
With knowledge of:
- DOCSIS, Cisco CMTS, and Hybrid Fibre/Coax (HFC) network architectures.
- DNS, DHCP, SMTP, and server technologies related to the provision of High Speed Internet.
- Radiofrequency (RF) engineering principles.
- IPv4/IPv6, addressing and subnetting, typical routing protocols (OSPF, BGP).
- Ethernet and related protocols (ARP, Spanning Tree).
- Network management and monitoring and AAA protocols (SNMP, RMON, RADIUS).
The Ability to:
- Troubleshoot and configure router and ethernet switch networks.
- Act as level 3 technical support to address service impacting network outages.
- Develop methods of procedure (MOP) outlining the technical steps necessary to effectively implement complicated high risk changes to production service platforms.
- Develop architectures, designs, methods, and practices to meet requirements for new products.
In addition, experience with database technologies (SQL) and knowledge of Systems and software development (Perl, Python, C, XML, Shell scripting) are considered strong asset for this position.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-0216