As the first preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers, at Northwestel, we’re driven by a vision is of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, our competitive compensation includes pay, team incentive plans and northern allowances. We also offer comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families.
We are seeking a permanent Implementation Manager in Whitehorse, YT. As the Implementation Manager you will design, implement and support Northwestel’s outside plant facilities. You will work with and lead cross functional teams that are tasked with building, expanding, upgrading, and managing the extensive wireline access network that Northwestel relies on to deliver its portfolio of broadband, voice, enterprise, and carrier services.
This will be accomplished through:
• Conducting on-site construction inspections to ensure design specifications and quality expectations are met.
• Developing methods of procedure (MOP) outlining the technical steps necessary to effectively implement complicated high risk changes to production networks.
• Providing technical support to address service impacting network outages.
• Developing RFI/RFP/RFQ and tender documents.
• Preparing cost estimates and manage construction projects.
• Creating and modifying construction drawings and plant records using AutoCAD.
A P.Eng or EIT (Civil Engineering) that is registered or able to be registered in Yukon, NWT, or BC. A commitment to maintaining excellent customer service while managing multiple priorities and working under pressure. You will also require strong communication skills and the ability to express technical issues in business terms. Experience reading, interpreting and creating outside plant maps, schematics, and drawings. A combination of experience in telecommunications or utility (outside plant) field activities such as: construction manager, foreman, lineman, or cable splicer, will also be considered.
Knowledge and Experience in:
• Aerial, buried, underground, and building entrance design.
• Permitting processes, public rights of way, private easements, aerial roadway crossings.
• Telecommunications and cable industry outside plant construction practices.
• Outside plant design procedures, cable relocate procedures, telephone and cable industry standards, electrical codes, safety standards.
• Construction contract management.
• Copper and fibre splicing methods, standards and procedures.
• Optical time domain reflectometry and optical fibre testing.
• Hybrid Fibre/Coax (HFC) network architectures including optical nodes, trunk amplifiers, line extenders and taps is an asset.
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.