WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from skilled HR professionals who are passionate about recruiting, supporting, and developing talent through our company’s policies and managing procedures. Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources this position provides support and coordination in all human resource activities, including recruiting, selection, orientation, employee engagement, benefits administration, learning and development, HR projects, and confidential administration. This position fosters and advances positive employee relations to heighten employee satisfaction through education of HR policies and by fostering a positive work environment. This position directly contributes to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
What you’ll do:
• Support the recruitment process by sourcing and pre-screening candidates, utilizing various internal and external sources including websites, organizations, and partnerships, distribute resumes, coordinate interviews for various departments and positions, administer appropriate assessments, and perform employment and reference checks
• Assist in the new employee orientation process by ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed, aid in their adjustment to their new job, to the organization, and to other employees
• Coordinate, administrate, and document learning and development activities
• Assist in the benefits administration process
• Act as a point of contact for staff, and provide guidance relating to HR policy interpretation, programs, services, and best practices
• Provide input and support towards the development and implementation of new Human Resources initiatives, programs, and processes
• Uphold a culture of respect, fairness, and diversity in the workplace and support the achievement of our diversity and inclusion goals
• Prepare required HR reports
• Attend job fairs, compile recruitment statistics and information, work on special HR projects, and perform various other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Completion of a Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management
• A minimum of 2-3 years of previous related direct experience in Human Resources
• Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, or working towards is considered an asset
• Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. recruitment; selection; onboarding; benefits administration; learning, and development)
• Knowledge of Canada Labour Code and Human Rights legislation with high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time, and project management skills
• Commitment to staying current with relevant labour laws and legislation
• Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
• Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations for self and team
• A bridge-builder with the ability to navigate challenges, build credibility, and effectively communicate with all position levels is necessary
• Self-motivation and direction; the ability to seamlessly collaborate is necessary but you excel working with a degree of autonomy
• A change champion who is excited to contribute to fostering a culture focused on our value system of teamwork, community, integrity, innovation, and customer experience
• Exceptional ability to manage multiple competing demands and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Dayforce (HRIS), and Microsoft 365 Office Suit (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and OneDrive) is considered an asset
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, March 21, 2022.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.