Gusto TV has embarked on an epic production adventure where we will make hundreds of hours of quality food & cooking shows over the next several years for linear and digital consumption the world over. In order to keep the high production standards we insist on, we’re looking for a few good people to join our team. Interested in working with us?
You are an unscripted television series pro with an impressive credit list across different lifestyle genres. At Gusto, we’re all about creating and bringing to market fresh, innovative programming – not replicating or imitating what has already been done elsewhere. You’re highly visual, you think on your feet and lordy lordy can you write! Hardship pay is provided as you get to work directly with our CEO. So, key requirements in this role include:
- Knowledge of and experience in food & lifestyle genre productions, and a solid understanding of the fundamental importance of story.
- Proven ability to generate original series concepts and guide them from initial stages through to production.
- Superb writing/presentation skills
- Exceptional knowledge of television and current TV/digital media trends
Key duties in the role will include:
- Develop and nurture excellent relationships with creative talent, writers, producers and agents
- Seek out and develop unique and compelling concepts, talent and narratives, and provide script coverage and analysis
- Provide notes on scripts, bibles and proposals
- Write development proposals and related marketing materials
- Effectively and efficiently supervise the work of development team members (story researcher, writer, casting)
For the right person this is a unique opportunity to help take Gusto’s original content to the next level. Our objective is nothing less than a re-invention of culinary/food television, and we’re searching for someone whose vision, drive, determination, and boundless energy can get us there.
This role will be based in Toronto – with occasional travel to our HQ and production locations in Ottawa - and is a full-time permanent position. A competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please forward your c.v. and cover letter, in confidence, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) by Friday, May 20, 2016.