Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Graphic Technologist
Shaw Media has an immediate full time opening in Toronto for a Graphic Technologist – Global News.
• Are you proud of your accomplishments and value a collaborative team environment?
• Do you have a flair for combining art and technology to communicate ideas and information?
• Would you like to join an award-winning design team that is part of the most innovative news organization in the country?
If you answered yes to these questions and you are full of enthusiasm and creativity then we would like to hear from you.
Global News is looking for a creative and tech savvy Graphic Design Technologist to help continue to define the look of our 24/7 News anywhere programs. You have a creative flair with strong technical and programming skills that will have a big impact as an integral member of an award-winning News Design Department.
Reporting to the National Manager, Brand and Design, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe CC, Data Visualization and Virtual Set Technology.
• A good understanding of media production processes and on-air graphic technologies.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with hardware and software
• Expert knowledge of graphic and digital production workflows with strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve design related issues
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
• Ability to meet strong quality assurance expectations.
• A strong creative flair to conceptualize and create daily news graphics and maintain show branding for various programs and digital platforms.
• Liaise with editorial staff in regard to daily production requirements and work closely with producers and directors in the creation of content for our virtual sets and on-air graphics.
• Strong visual sense with the ability to take original ideas from concept to completion.
• Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Media Arts
• Must be able to work various shifts as required.
• Understanding of basic foundations of programming languages.
• Proficient in software programming and scripting languages like Visual Basic.
• A passion for story-telling using data visualization and how they can be applied to informational graphics.
• You are confident in your creative and technical abilities and have a keen drive to stay up to date with new and constant changes in graphic software, current design methods and practices.
• Must have leadership qualities to give and take direction.
• Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D applications.
• Experience with Architectural Design and Virtual Set Technologies would be a definite asset.
• Knowledge of responsive website design and layout would be a plus.
• You are a team player with a positive can do attitude.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers J1015-0480 Graphic Technologist
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.