Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Graphic Designer
Shaw Media has an immediate full time opening for a Graphics Designer – Global News - Toronto.
• Are you proud of your accomplishments and value a collaborative team environment?
• Do you have a flair for combining art and technology to communicate ideas and information?
• Would you like to join an award-winning design team that is part of the most innovative news organization in the country?
If you answered yes to these questions and you are full of enthusiasm and creativity then we would like to hear from you.
Global News is looking for an exceptional Graphic Designer to continue to define the look of our 24/7 News anywhere programs. You have a creative flair with a strong visual sense that will have a big impact as an integral member of an award winning News Design Department. You are passionate about news, motion design and 3D animation and can demonstrate your talents and exceptional graphic skills as part of your portfolio.
Reporting to the Managing Art Director the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe CS, 3D and Virtual Set Technology
• A strong understanding of media production processes and on-air graphic technologies.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
• Ability to meet strong quality assurance expectations.
• Strong client facing skills to deal with a large number of stake-holders in satisfying their needs.
• A strong creative flair to conceptualize and create daily news graphics and maintain show branding for various programs and digital platforms.
• Liaise with editorial staff in regard to daily production requirements and work closely with producers and directors in the creation of content for our virtual sets and on-air graphics.
• Strong visual sense with the ability to take original ideas from concept to completion.
• Participate in and provide relevant information for daily editorial meetings.
• Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Media Arts
• A minimum of three years of professional graphic design and computer graphic software experience.
• Must be able to work various shifts as required.
• A passion for story telling using 2D and 3D motion design and how they can be applied to informational graphics.
• You are confident in your creative ability and have a keen drive to stay up to date with new and constant changes in graphic software, current design methods and practices.
• Must have leadership qualities to give and take direction.
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D applications.
• Experience with Architectural Design and Virtual Set Technologies would be a definite asset.
• Knowledge of responsive website design and layout would be a plus.
• A background in Journalism or copy writing would be a definite asset.
• You are a team player with a positive can do attitude.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.