We are looking for top talent to fill our new bilingual roles in our Oakville, ON office. We are very excited about the arrival of enthusiastic Francophones, who will spice up the ambiance and the culture at Pelmorex!
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Life at Pelmorex: Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Pelmorex Pride: We are proud to be the undisputed leader of weather and travel information through websites, applications, specialty television networks and commercial weather services. We reach, on average, 40 million users each month. The Weather Network / MétéoMédia are the #1 Weather App in Canada with 4.2M unique average users. We also have the #1 iPad Weather App in Canada and a 2M average monthly reach on Desktop & Tablets (generating 113M average monthly page views). Our number one focus is our employees and we have won numerous awards for outstanding achievement in employee satisfaction, including being named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and Canadian HR Team of the Year Award 2015.
We’re all about the WOW: We need people with ideas; people who challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We need enthusiastic people and collaborators. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you? To find out, you’ll need to apply!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Job Type: 2 Full Time & 1 Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Bilingual is Essential: French & English
We absolutely require bilingual Talent (French/English) to ensure that we deliver the best final product to our viewers. Employees working for the MétéoMédia operations will communicate in French between the Montreal and Oakville offices.
As a Graphic Artist, you are responsible for designing and producing graphic elements for Pelmorex inc. Television services, and you will work closely with both external and internal clients to produce a product that appeals to our viewers.
The Job: A day in the life of a Graphic Artist:
- Conceptualize, create and develop new and innovative graphic elements to promote The Pelmorex inc. Television services
- Ensure all projects are completed within the allotted budget and time frame
- Assist in the development and adaptation of existing processes for greater efficiency and improved quality within the Graphics department
- Ability to storyboard design concepts
- Create animations that will appeal to all viewers
- Collaborate and coordinate with other team members in design, promotions and production
- Assess needs of both internal and external clients when completing all projects
- Research industry trends and best practices
- Meet tight deadlines for on air presentation
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as required
- Working in an office setting with little to no travelling
- Will work extensively with computers and software on a daily basis
- Part Time position: Must be available to work weekends and statutory holidays
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time
- College diploma in Graphics Design/Animation or Fine Arts
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in broadcast graphic design
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign and Illustrator and a good working knowledge of Vizrt
- Knowledge of 3D animation and Maya or 3D Max in particular, is a strong asset
What makes you shine?
- Creative/Artistic/Drawing skills is a strong asset
- Ability to take initiative
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Ability to work within a design team
- Excellent communication skills
Send your resume to HireMe@pelmorex.com. Please quote “Graphic Artist – Full Time” or “Graphic Artist – Part Time” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of third party pre-employment background checks.
Pelmorex Media Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.