Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Graphic Artist
Shaw Media has an immediate full time opening for a Part-time Graphics Artist – Global News - Toronto.
Global News is looking for a Part-time Graphic Artist to work weekends supporting our Saturday and Sunday News programming. You have a creative flair with a strong visual sense that will have a big impact as an integral member of an award winning News Design Department. If you are a graduate of a Graphic Design or Media Arts Program who is passionate about news, motion design and 3D animation and can demonstrate your talents and exceptional graphic skills as part of your portfolio, this position is for you.
Reporting to the National Manager, Brand and Design, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe CS, 3D and Virtual Set Technology
• A good understanding of media production processes and on-air graphic technologies.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
• Ability to meet strong quality assurance expectations.
• A strong creative flair to conceptualize and create daily news graphics and maintain show branding for various programs and digital platforms.
• Liaise with editorial staff in regard to daily production requirements and work closely with producers and directors in the creation of content for our virtual sets and on-air graphics.
• Strong visual sense with the ability to take original ideas from concept to completion.
• Participate in and provide relevant information for daily editorial meetings.
• Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Media Arts
• A minimum of one year of professional graphic design and computer graphic software experience.
• Must be able to work weekends and other various shifts as required.
• A passion for story telling using 2D and 3D motion design and how they can be applied to informational graphics.
• You are confident in your creative ability and have a keen drive to stay up to date with new and constant changes in graphic software, current design methods and practices.
• Must have leadership qualities to give and take direction.
• Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D applications.
• Knowledge of responsive website design and layout would be a plus.
• A background in Journalism or copy writing would be a definite asset.
• You are a team player with a positive can do attitude.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted