Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about uncovering the stories that Canadians need to know? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? If so, Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity for you. We’re looking for a multi-platform lifestyle journalist. If you have a passion for excellence and would like to work with a team of talented journalists across the country, we encourage you to apply.
Job ID: 11451
Division: Global News and Corus Radio
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Dockside Drive, Corus Quay
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior National Manager, Corus Radio and Smart Living and Entertainment Globalnews.ca, you will develop and execute the vision and editorial strategy for globalnews.ca and Corus Radio, with the goal of creating compelling, impactful, and original lifestyle content. Together with a team of national online journalists, you will create web, broadcast, radio and multi-platform content including — but not limited to — text, video, and interactive digital journalism.
You will contribute original content that will achieve traffic goals and increase user engagement. You’ll also build relationships with a variety of key internal stakeholders, including local and national radio station managers, local and national broadcast news managers, digital product development teams, Entertainment Tonight Canada and Global National.
- Work with the Senior National Manager, Corus Radio and Smart Living and Entertainment Globalnews.ca, and senior leadership to meet goals and objectives that will grow the traffic of globalnews.ca and Corus Radio’s websites through award-winning lifestyle journalism.
- Develop and maintain sources to aid in creating original stories for online.
- Pitch and write quality, unique lifestyle pieces.
- Create and promote innovative new multiplatform storytelling tools, techniques and technologies across the network.
- Uphold the high standards of the Global News Journalistic Principles and Practices as well as journalistic ethics codes and best practices.
What We Need From You:
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in Journalism.
- At least 5 years experience in online media or equivalent, with a minimum 3 years of digital, television or newspaper journalism experience.
- An expertise in and passion for online journalism.
- A thorough knowledge of the lifestyle scene in Canada and abroad.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and substantive editing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, video encoding and distribution, and organic story creation.
- Diverse content experience across multiple verticals and formats, including digital video, text articles, blogs, social media tools, digital photos.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with several internal and external stakeholders on various projects.
- Experience working in broadcast news, and in a digital newsroom environment, is an asset.
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of news – everything from international events to politics, the arts, pop culture, sports, as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for multi-platform entertainment journalism.
- You wake up in the middle of the night with great ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to innovate, explore new ideas and acquire new skills.
- Drive, determination, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 2 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.