Quadro Communications Co-operative Inc. is a local, solution-oriented telecommunications company providing mobility, telephone, television, internet, business (solutions) services, computer repair and I.T. solutions. As a Co-operative, Quadro Communications is committed to enriching our customers’ experience with personal service and innovative products, while fulfilling the evolving needs of our customers. Profits are reinvested, shared with our community via donations and returned to the members as a patronage.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the General Manager at Quadro Communications will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the staff, services, fibre deployment, expansion, and future planning.
• Make recommendations to and develops strategies for the Board of Directors.
• Lead the ongoing development of operational plans, budgets, and objectives to drive sustained revenue growth.
• Develop and maintain positive, effective relationships with those served, as well as the various communities, provincial and federal regulatory agencies, financial and lending sources, business partners, and other contacts and partners of strategic significance.
• Ensure that Quadro is favorably positioned within the communities served.
• Continually seek to improve/enhance performance levels by taking advantage of new technology and anticipating market practices and industry trends.
• Develop an organizational culture that leads to ongoing excellence and effective growth of the business and the employees while maintaining the best customer experience integrity.
• Administer Board policies to ensure fulfillment of the Co-operative’s service objectives.
• Communicate approved Board policies and goals and directing all activities to carry out these policies and goals.
• Provide periodic reports regarding the Co-operative’s status to the Board and information to the Co-operative’s attorney, financial auditors and other consultants.
• Manage the Co-operative’s resources including finances, property, marketing and human resources.
• Responsible for regulatory, accounting, and reporting compliance.
• Representation before the general public, CRTC, government, and industry groups.
• Join and participate in professional, industry, and community organizations.
• Develop and maintain comprehension of industry issues, regulatory changes, and proposed legislation.
• Develop rate structures, pricing models, and tariff filings for services.
• Responsibility for ensuring that the Co-operative and its employees meet or exceed the Canada Labour Code requirements for the communications industry regarding Health and Safety.
• Works with system attorney on all developments requiring legal counsel.
• Responsible for staff development and succession planning for the organization.
• Initiate system activity and make independent decisions affecting all operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree in Business Management desirable.
• Five to ten years in information technology, including plant and operations is desirable.
• Complete understanding of Internet, administration, and equipment.
• Familiarity with the standards and regulations governing communication operations.
• Grasp of human resources and business management, marketing and sales, customer relations, business law and employee rights, and changing nature of the communications industry.
• Strong and proven experience in a leadership role.
• Strong relationship-building capabilities.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
• Strong decision-making capabilities.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans.
• Proficient with MS Office.
Being a Quadro team member comes with some great perks and benefits including:
• Full benefit plan including health and dental benefits at no cost to employees
• An RRSP program where Quadro will match up to 6.5% towards your RRSP
• Generous employee discounts on qualified services
• A generous learning and development program that pays team members to learn and develop
• Q’DOS program that recognizes when our team members go above and beyond, provides an exceptional customer experience and is a team player
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for a medical exemption or an exception under Human Rights Legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Quadro on a case-by-case basis.
If you have the passion for helping customers with their technology needs, then submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting General Manager in the subject line of your email.
Quadro Communications is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs. We thank all those that apply but only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.