Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV is a Canadian Cable Television and Telecommunications Company. Founded in 1974 we have grown to offer 100% digital video and fibre optic/ cable network-based Internet service. Providing high end legacy TV and streaming services, to our partners and providing plant maintenance and service installations. We are located in Dublin Ontario, where we service a large portion of Southwestern Ontario.
• Are you someone with an extensive understanding of Internet, Cable TV, Telecommunication, both administration and equipment?
• Do you hold previous experience of working in organizations that work in the space of cable TV, internet, mobile devices, and telephone?
• Do you have an educational background in telecommunications or IT?
• Do you have at least 5 years experience leading and managing teams?
• Are you a driven and passionate individual with the ability to build relationships and networks?
• Are you excited by the possibility of working with a group of dedicated professionals in a small-sized organization?
Then read on!
The Role – General Manager
Reports into – The Board of Directors
Location – Dublin, Ontario (the role is not remote)
• Supervise all department heads and management staff; communicate system philosophy to all employees.
• Work closely with the Board of Directors in strategic planning and corporate policy initiatives and make recommendations as necessary to the Board of Directors.
• Provide periodic reports regarding the Company’s status to the Board of Directors.
• Represent before the general public, CRTC, government, and industry groups.
• Responsible for Canadian Communications Systems Alliance requirements, regulatory, accounting, contracts, and reporting compliance.
• Review and approve invoices and payroll.
• Coordinate all employee activities including hiring and termination, wage and salaries, performance appraisals, and employee grievance procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Company and its employees meet or exceed the Canada Labour code requirements for the communications industry regarding Health and Safety.
• Responsible for staff development and succession planning for the organization.
• Manage company resources including finances, property, and personnel.
• Prepare and monitor financial budgets and work plans to ensure strategic and financial objectives of the Company are met.
• Develop and maintain comprehension of industry issues, regulatory changes, and proposed legislation.
• Promotes beneficial ties with suppliers and vendors.
• College or advanced degree desirable. Any education in IT or Telecommunication will be considered an asset.
• Three to five years in information technology, including plant & operations required.
• A minimum of five years of management experience required.
• Grasp of personnel and business management, marketing and sales, customer relations, business law and employee rights, and changing nature of the communications industry will be considered important.
If your experience matches the above requirements of this role, we look forward to connecting with you! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV is an equal opportunity employer- committed to equity, diversity, and welcoming of applicants from diverse backgrounds. Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV will work with the applicant to meet the applicant’s accommodation needs.