Description: A permanent vacancy, exists within CochraneTel for a General Manager. The successful candidate will bring his/her experience to this specialized technical environment, to provide the reliable delivery of a number of features Cochrane Telecom Services offers its customers in the 272 exchange area.
Manage all activities of CochraneTel directly and through management staff. Plans, directs, coordinates, and controls all lines of business. Determines objectives, establishes operating procedures, and ensures the success of the company within the guidelines and authority approved by the Cochrane Utilities Board (CUB). Evaluates new business opportunities and recommends new services to the Board.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field. Any equivalent combination of training and experience that would enable the applicant to satisfactorily perform and meet the duties required of the position may be considered in meeting the stated minimum requirements.
- Minimum of eight to ten (8 -10) years previous experience in the telecommunications industry, with ten plus (10+) years of experience in a senior/ executive level management role.
- Strong "people" skills and demonstrated leadership of people throughout all functions and levels of organization
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Technologically astute including computer knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; active listening skills
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills.
A complete job description can be viewed on our website: www.cochranetel.ca
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their résumé detailing related education, qualifications and experience no later than
Friday, April 13, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. to:
Scott Mitchell, General Manager
Cochrane Telecom Services
153 Sixth Avenue
Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
Fax: (705) 272-3015
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, CochraneTel is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please email if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.