Work Status: Full Time
About the Role:
Corus Entertainment Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a General Accountant (Full-Time) in our 25 Dockside Drive location. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, Corporate the successful candidate will be responsible for (not limited to) the following:
- Code and obtain appropriate payment authorizations for invoices and expense reports
- Address and resolve payment inquiries from suppliers and internal departments
- Perform monthly subledger reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and meet month-end Finance deadlines
- Review spend and determine appropriate accruals at period ends
- Complete data integrity of all capital assets
- Purchase order spend and reconciliation
- Prepaid contract recognition
- Act as a liaison between operations and the Corus Processing Center (CPC)
- Special projects as required
What We Need From You:
- High level of motivation and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and a quick learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Great Plains an asset
- Knowledge of capital and depreciation would be an asset
- Broadcast industry experience is an asset
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 18, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.