Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 1J1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Under the direction of the Manager, Treasury & Vault Operations, this position is primarily accountable for assisting with the Toronto Blue Jays Club’s game day cash management requirements including adherence to appropriate policies and practices.
Note: This is a part-time contract position tied to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball schedule, running from March to September 2019.
- Assist with game day cash management duties under the supervision of the Manager, Treasury & Vault Operations, including:
- Nightly reconciliation and deposit of game day ticket sales
- Nightly reconciliation and deposit of in-stadium merchandise sales
- Issuing cash floats to Box Office
- Assist with reconciliation and deposit of merchandise sales for Rogers Centre Events, such as concerts, as required.
- Assist with monthly safe counts
- Prepare reports to assist with financial reporting when required
- Review and take appropriate action for returned items and outstanding receivables in the absence of the Manager, Treasury & Vault Operations
- Take on a leadership role in the cash reconciliation process in the absence of the Manager, Treasury & Vault Operations
- Provide assistance to other Toronto Blue Jays departments (Finance, Merchandise, Ticket Sales) as required
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from an accredited university program in Accounting or Business
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Knowledge of and passion for baseball an asset
- Previous accounting experience an asset
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 135176
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.