About the Role:
Corus Radio London has an exciting opportunity for a full time Promotions Co-ordinator in our London location. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Promotions, the successful candidate will be responsible to plan and co-ordinate the on air promotions of the radio stations’ products and services.
- Responsible for the execution of all aspects of on-air promotions. Includes – Maintenance of Contesting program, writing promotional announcements / maintaining promotional inventory, Live Liner Announcements, Listener Correspondence, Community / Charity Assistance, prize fulfillment and other duties related to the position.
- Create revenue opportunities through the regular and ongoing execution of station sales and marketing initiatives.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing & Promotions, Program Directors, Sales Manager and Account Managers to create revenue generating promotions and marketing opportunities.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required,
- Work with, and engage community organizations and business partners to develop effective partnerships,
- Street Team Co-ordination, scheduling, on-site appearances, on-air reports and co-ordination of multiple events on a daily and weekly basis and technical set-up of remote broadcast when required.
- Monitor trends and adjustments in the market / industry so as to capitalize on promotional opportunities.
- Assist in training and co-ordination of part time staff members (street team/promotions department/summer cruising team).
- Maintain station signage, equipment, supplies, vehicles and related documentation.
- Tracking and charting quarterly cluster charity contributions.
Does this sound like you?
- A very positive attitude and desire to excel
- Communication, writing, organization and presentation skills
- A Minimum two years experience in Radio promotions, or related experience
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed.
- A lateral thinker.
- The ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Computer Skills – an above average understanding of Windows environment. Web software and video editing knowledge an asset.
- A valid ‘G’ class drivers license
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Kent Guy
Director of Marketing & Promotions / firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.