Interactive Ontario: The Voice of Ontario’s Digital Media Industry
Interactive Ontario (IO) is a not-for-profit industry trade organization committed to
the growth of the Ontario interactive digital content industry. IO represents over 300
interactive digital media companies covering a range of sectors including: e-learning,
video/online games, mobile, television, and social media.
In conjunction with, and reporting to the IO Board of Directors, the Executive Director
will instill a culture that generates excitement, energy and inspiration. S/he is a
confident and dynamic individual, comfortable in a public role, while possessing strong
business and operational skills. This role requires an innovative and creative leader
who will: develop IO’s long-term strategy; provide leadership to position the
organization at the forefront of the interactive digital content industry; develop a
business plan to advance the organization's mission and objectives; develop
partnerships and engage stakeholders in furthering the interests of the industry; and
be focused on revenue, financial sustainability of the organization and growth. The
Executive Director will also oversee the organization’s operations to ensure production
efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources, and will
foster a culture of service and accountability while effectively managing IO’s finances
to maximize growth.
• Promote and represent the industry and the membership to Provincial and
Federal governments, the private sector, media, and the interactive digital
• Generate sustainable revenue through government support, corporate
sponsorship and membership.
• Successfully advocate at various levels of government and crown corporations
to further the interests of the industry.
• Oversee research and development of policy recommendations in collaboration
with the membership and other stakeholders.
• Strong relationship builder: develop new relationships while nurturing existing
ones with government, members, partners, post-secondary institutions, et al.
• Strong financial acumen: identify and develop new opportunities in raising
funds through government and major corporations while developing new
revenue generation opportunities that will facilitate long-term sustainability.
• Develop comprehensive annual budgets for board approval.
• Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs,
products and services.
• Leverage Interactive Ontario’s culture and history, and challenge existing
business models, assumptions, and ways of doing business towards growing the
• Effectively manage the team to create a high performance, collegial, and
Experience & Competencies:
• Strong ambassador with diplomacy in order to represent membership and
navigate the many constituents: board, media, government, partners, staff and
other stakeholders. Government relations experience is a strong asset.
• Must possess demonstrated ability to maintain and expand revenues through
superior relationship building, service, sales, sponsorships, project and/or
grant application experience.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills,
and be comfortable speaking with senior government officials, top executives
and large audiences.
• An effective leader: able to develop and communicate a clear vision and
strategy supported by the day-to-day tactical management to achieve results.
• Excellent partnership building skills and the ability to engage stakeholders.
• Excellent advocacy and public relations skills; networking with, and influencing
stakeholders and media.
• Demonstrated track record of maintaining operational and organizational
• Understanding of the interactive industry.
• Solid general business acumen, high energy, stamina, and enthusiasm.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior management positions.
• Must possess a strong engagement style, collaborative, passionate, strong core
values and moral integrity.
Compensation: Full-time position with a competitive salary, attractive benefits
package, and potential for bonus/commission on incremental revenue generation.
If leading this innovative organization is a business challenge you’d enjoy, please send
your CV in PDF format and cover email by Monday, March 10th, 5PM EST, to:
email@example.com, with “Executive Director – IO” in the subject header. We
thank all candidates for their submissions but only those under consideration will be
contacted. Any and all inquiries are welcome.
mediaINTELLIGENCE.ca: Canada’s leader in integrated career management &
recruitment for media professionals