Cartt.ca is looking to expand its roster of freelance reporters.
We are a 13-year-old online trade (B2B) publication which serves professionals who work in cable, radio, television and telecom in Canada. We are the “go-to” place for news, analysis and features for the thousands of Canadians working in these once separate but now undeniably intertwined industries.
It’s a fast-paced, interesting, fun industry to write about!
- Have strong writing, reporting and research skills
- Can hit tight deadlines
- Can work independently
- Are details-oriented, because some of what we cover is rather complex
- Have interest in deep coverage of the business of broadband, online video, television, wireless, telecom and radio spaces (FWIW, we don’t write about TV shows and you won’t meet TV stars. Sorry.)
- Can take a reasonable photo, if needed
- Like being paid for your work
- Are interested in new technology
- Are a self starter and like to generate your own story ideas (Don’t just ask me if we “have anything for you”, tell us you have something neat you want to pursue. Most often, we’ll say yes!)
- Are available to sometimes cover events such as conferences near you
We compensate on a per-word or per-project basis.
Please send a resume and writing samples to Greg O’Brien, editor and publisher at email@example.com. If you want to have a look around the site to see what we do (we’re a paid subscription site), log into Cartt.ca using the email firstname.lastname@example.org with the password: april