Category:Accounting & Finance
Work Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile, a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc., is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Fraud Analyst
Are you passionate about Investigation and analysis? The Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management (RAFM) team located in Toronto is currently seeking a Fraud Analyst to join their team.
RAFM team is a crucial function of Freedom Mobile within finance department. The team focuses on assuring revenue streams are intact end to end. Fraud function aims to prevent and detect fraud and recommend mitigation methods and policy. It reports on facts and observations to management and recommends industry best practice to prevent losses and keep revenues intact.
• Monitor, detect, analyze and report fraud pertaining to; subscription, hardware-subsidy, usage, payments and any incidents of violation of process / policies in the business.
• Identify with a minimum delay of any new fraud trends as they transpire.
• Perform multi-layered link analysis of all fraudulent accounts and trends.
• Follow constantly changing procedures to detect gaps which can enable fraud
• Process and complete all specialized reports and projects, as required for the function.
• Prepare all reporting needs related to fraud cases detected on daily basis. Monthly case studies to be maintained for audit and evaluation purpose and to measure effectiveness of fraud control operations.
• Support in developing methods and processes to mitigate fraud from repeating and prevent any future fraud. Liaise with related business stakeholders for fraud control operational needs to ensure controls and processes remains up-to-date to changing business dynamics.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• The candidate must have good understanding of wireless business, products and services offered, familiar to IT and network systems in wireless, customer operations and sales channels. Ability to proactively analyze how products and services will be used by customers, sold by sales channels, relate and compare data from different sources to detect any gaps for preventive action.
• Advance level proficiency in MS Office packages, high proficiency in SQL, and any additional coding skill is an asset.
• Ability to interrogate and assimilate a variety of systems and applications such as Billing systems, Point of sale systems, wireless network platforms etc.
• Ability to vet every process, conduct fraud analysis, make reports and prepare case management for fraud control. Ability to work on complex large volume data from various source systems, engage with cross functional teams for getting right information and maintaining good rapport with other functional teams.
• Ability to communicate complex technical and business details in simple and easy manner.
• The role requires an exceptional degree of discretion and integrity due to the data being processed.
We are building a team of talented people who want to connect to a career without limits and help change Canadian wireless. Join us! For more information on Freedom Mobile and to view our other opportunities, please visit www.freedommobile.ca/careers.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (*and credit*) background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.