Execulink Telecom is hiring a Financial Controller on a full-time, permanent basis. The Controller is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Accounting team and aligning the department strategy with the business objectives. This position will develop respectful and trusting relationships to become a trusted member of the leadership team and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
What We Offer:
• Work where you’re safe, your contributions are valued, and you become part of that family – not just a number
• We have awesome employee benefits such as dental & medical benefits, company RRSP match program, health & wellness program, career development & scholarships, employee discount plan, interest-free loans, to name a few!
25% – Leadership Activities such as:
• Provide leadership and guidance for a team of 5 accounting professionals
o Provide training, coaching, and mentoring
o Provide development opportunities
o Complete performance management reviews and improvement plans
• Provide insight and participate in the annual budgeting process
25% – Financial reporting activities such as:
• Lead the financial reporting function by supporting the accounting team to prepare, deliver and review accurate financial statements on time in an efficient manner
• Analyze data and financial statements for accuracy, ensuring that variances are explained and deadlines have been met
15% – Continuous Improvement activities such as:
• Encourage your team to find efficiencies in processes & create standardization
• Identify cost savings opportunities and provide support to vendor negotiations
15% – Leadership Team support activities such as:
• Supporting other department managers with reporting, aligning costs with company goals
• Providing progress reports regularly
10% – Meetings & Communication:
• Participate in management meetings and other activities
• Communicate information appropriately from various meetings to your team
10% – Professional Development activities:
• Stay informed and up to date on key trends and information
• Participate in webinars, seminars, courses, etc. to maintain your skills and develop new skills
What You Offer:
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Business Admin or related field
• 5 + years of experience in accounting
• 3 + years of progressive leadership experience
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve complex problems
• Motivated by deadlines and multiple projects
• Sage software experience an asset
• Designated Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is preferable
How to Apply:
• Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
• In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our leadership team!
We appreciate all interested applicants, however only those qualified will be contacted.
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team, with a friendly, family spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us! When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers, but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Mission, Vision and Values, and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same!
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.