Date: Nov 20, 2018
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 219181
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
Bell Canada’s SAP Finance Center of Excellence and Process Improvement team forms part of the overall finance team reporting to the Controller and CFO. The team’s main responsibilities are to leverage Bell’s investment in its core financial systems, provide outstanding support and training, improve business processes, increase operational efficiency and stimulate innovation. The team is accountable for multiple processes, roadmaps and system improvement initiatives across the Finance organization.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Finance Process Improvements and is responsible for the support of the new IFRS15 revenue accounting system, using SAP HANA & ECC-RAR platforms, which has recently gone into production and will be subject to ongoing enhancements. This role is responsible for production support, including defect, incident, and error correction analysis, validations, and resolution. In addition, this role supports the development of training & job aids, manages SAP role definition & security, assists users where needed, and works closely with our Finance teams and IT support partners to get problems worked, escalated, and resolved.
In addition to production support activities, as part of ongoing design change management & planned software releases, this role engages with user acceptance testing, data validations, and cutover support. It will help identify opportunities to enhance the production support model, and supports the analysis of solution enhancements and assists with the implementation of the changes to the revenue accounting system and to the broader SAP Finance systems & processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Finance manager’s core responsibilities will include:
- As a first point of contact, provide effective, timely and knowledgeable SAP revenue accounting support to the finance community of Bell Canada and its subsidiaries
- Work closely with Error Management team to analyze, triage, and resolve errors in a timely & effective manner
- Develop & enhance the production support process and its reporting/query solutions.
- Provide production support with respect to problem ticket resolution, and monitoring daily, weekly, and monthly revenue accounting processes within the RAS system.
- Partner with external/internal teams to develop solutions to users’ issues, understand customer needs, develop business requirements, issue trouble tickets and communicate solution to user(s)
- Support UAT testing process execution, review test results, identify any defect/changes and follow through to issue resolution
- Assist in the development of user training materials and delivery to Finance
- Manages SAP role definition, security, and user access
- Actively participate in the definition, planning and execution of testing, data validation, training and change management activities
- Facilitate ongoing system & process enhancements as part of the future IFRS15 program releases and ongoing business evolution
- Work with Auditors and SOx teams as required
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- University degree in Finance or Information Systems
- Familiar with SAP systems including ECC & BW, with a strong working knowledge of the SAP FI-CO module
- Strong data analytical skills including ability to perform data queries, preferably using SQL Query
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (incl. Pivot Tables) and other PC software
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with systems implementation, system testing and project lifecycle
- Ability to handle multiple streams of work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines & deliverables
- SAP HANA knowledge & skills
- Professional accounting designation
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 12/03/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.