Access Communications Co-operative Limited is seeking a focused individual with a positive attitude who thrives on accuracy, multitasking and meeting deadlines to join our team. Access is a fast paced, dynamic organization, with a positive team oriented work environment. As one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, we offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
In this position, you will be performing senior level financial analysis and research within the Accounting Department.
Main Duties include:
- Reviewing network contracts and conducting financial analysis of all proposed changes to contracts and provide recommendations.
- Maintaining and updating the affiliate distribution model. Preparing monthly affiliate, copyright and tariff payments. Maintaining ongoing relationships with CCSA affiliates (Canadian Cable System Alliance), and SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada).
- Staying abreast of regulatory changes impacting channel line up and copyright and tariff payments.
- Participating in the annual budgeting process. Maintaining and updating the budget model. Responsible for working with marketing in forecasting sales and preparing the distribution expense budget.
- Preparing month end variance analysis of revenues and distribution costs. Preparing monthly revenue completeness analysis. Identifying trends and recommends actions to management.
- Preparing month end reconciliations and annual CRTC returns.
- Managing the inventory count process. Preparing, investigating and analyzing inventory variances. Identifying trends and recommends actions to management.
- Maintaining interface from billing system to general ledger.
- Creating ad hoc reports and preparing analyses for management.
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Diploma or Degree with a major in accounting, a CPA designation, and 5-7 years of experience.
- Advanced experience in Excel and experience with database management is required.
- Experience in AccPac, Crystal and Lotus Approach. Experience in the AS400 would be an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi task efficiently are required.
- Experience working in the Telecommunications Industry would be a huge asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
If this sounds like you, please apply online in the careers section at www.myaccess.ca.
Deadline for application is Monday, April 30th, 2018.