Do extraordinary things: Choose the North!
What does it mean to work for the premier communication solutions provider in the North? It’s working in Canada’s pristine and unique North with the best and brightest. At Northwestel, our employees work every day to deliver innovative solutions for more than 120,000 customers living in an area almost the size of the European Union or four million square kilometres. It’s doing extraordinary things and getting rewarded. It’s the thrill of working hard, the joy of working together and access to the extraordinary adventures that lie in the North.
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Financial Analyst located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Finance, supports the budgeting, forecasting and monthly financial reporting requirements of the organization. This position includes analysis and understanding of the organization’s financial results. This role contributes to the management of financial components by providing accurate reporting and analysis, and the presentation of findings to senior management. Budgeting and forecasting is coordinated by this position, which involves managing cross-departmental communications and relationships. The Financial Analyst also supports the department’s provisioning of Business Decision Support to other areas of the organization. Additionally, this position involves providing general financial reporting and analysis to a variety of situations as the need arises.
1. Provide timely, accurate, relevant and reliable on-going financial information to the organization, through the use of; reports, training, counsel and troubleshooting, to ensure that decisions are made effectively and strategically, based on the most accurate and appropriate information possible.
2. Contribute to the creation and management of financial forecast models including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
3. Provide monthly support to the line/budget managers, and subsidiaries as required. This frequently involves investigation to determine the causes of variances.
4. Provide monthly variance reporting and analysis for senior management and executives.
5. Provide support to the organization when gathering the expected year-end forecasts, compile and analyze the data for presentation to the senior management and executive.
6. Complete analysis on submitted year-end figures to determine validity.
7. Support month-end and year-end internal accounting process.
8. Manage monthly Bell financial statement reporting requirement.
9. Co-ordinate and communicate the budgeting process for a particular financial component. This includes creating pre-populated budget templates, managing the process to collect the budget needs of the organization, support budget managers with completing their budget submissions, analyze the budget submission, and present complete budget to the executives for alignment and approval.
10. Conduct “budget and YEE tutorials” to line/budget managers across the organization.
11. Manage intercompany transactions and service agreement to ensure accuracy and completeness.
12. Update costing of Capital Credits rates, Vehicle Credits, Warehousing Overheads and Freight Overheads for capital projects.
13. Upload budget into JDE and test for accuracy.
14. Work on special projects as required.
This position requires an individual with a diploma in business, commerce or finance, and/or an accounting designation with two to three years of budgeting and or costing experience. The incumbent must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments within a self-managed environment. The individual must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), research, financial modelling and analytical skills. Advanced Excel abilities are required.
Friday, August 21, 2015 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.