Work Status: Contract (1 Year)
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, Finance and Accounting the successful candidate will play an integral part of the implementation of Corus’ new program rights management system and help with the reconciliation of contracts to historical financial information. As well, the successful candidate will be assisting the project team with other various duties related to the data migration and implementation of our new program rights management system:
- Assist in the implementation of the data migration plan for historical financial information
- Entering financial contract information into RightsLogic and reviewing system calculations to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reconciliation of financial information including program rights asset balance, prepaid balance, program rights payable and amortization expense to source systems (IBMS and S4M)
- Reconciliation of historical monthly financial information to the general ledger
- Assist in preparation of training manuals
- Conduct end to end user acceptance testing
- General assistance to the entire RightsLogic Project team as required
What We Need From You:
- University or College degree and Accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA)
- Experience with a Program Management database preferred, experience with S4M or IBMS an asset
- Experience with Great Plains or other accounting software.
- Previous broadcast/program rights experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience reading, analyzing and summarizing legal contracts and or binding documentations
- Must have extremely high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Must be well organized, pro-active and have the ability to prioritize work flow and produce high quality work within specified deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and strong team player with the ability to work with little supervision
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by November 16, 2018 to:
Corus Entertainment Inc.
Please specify the title of the position for which you’re applying, in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.