Date: Oct 12, 2018
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 212797
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
Within the Bell Business Markets Finance group, the financial analyst plays a critical role governing Bell’s strategies and policies relating to Accounts Receivable Provisioning and Risk management. We are looking for a dynamic and responsible self-starter, who is detail-oriented and can work collaboratively with others.
If you have a background in financial planning and analysis, are dynamic, passionate and solution oriented, you possess key skills for this role. Within the Risk Management team, you will be identifying opportunities to improve bad debt, Accounts Receivable and EBITDA performance and execute to deliver results.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of an Accounts Receivable risk scorecard, perform risk analysis/modeling, data analytics and make policy and performance enhancing recommendations. Critical success factors are the ability synthesize data, understand collection objectives and proactively propose new solutions to move the business forward.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Propose initiatives to reduce collection risks contributing to overall bad debt reduction and DSO improvement.
- Perform tasks relating to A/R Provisioning, AFRA, AFDA and Working Capital analysis.
- Perform all A/R and AFDA/AFRA functions relating to month end financial analysis, results reporting and account reconciliations.
- Effectively participate in planning and forecasting exercises.
- Extract and manipulate data using ARRA database, the iCRD tool and billing systems to for analytical purposes.
- Enhance existing A/R risk scorecards based on analysis of key performance drivers and portfolio metrics
- Partner with internal teams across Finance and Billing/Collections to ensure accurate reporting of A/R Provisioning and DSO results.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations that will positively influence the business and improve the EBITDA trajectory.
- 3 years of experience as a Financial Analyst
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize issues simultaneously and work independently as well as part of an extended team.
- Strong oral/written communication/presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills and comfort in interacting with all levels of management.
- Ability to successfully resolve issues, diagnose business problems and deliver solutions in timely manner
- Highly motivated, dynamic professional with the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and to adapt to a complex and quickly changing environment.
- Flexible work ethic especially during the month-end cycle.
- Accounting designation or working towards (CPA, CFA, MBA)
- Knowledge of SAP/BI
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of billing systems - SAP
- Good understanding of AR provisioning and revenue recognition principles
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 10/22/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga