Field Technicians (Telecommunications)
The Kerr Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 200 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued customers and the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business Intelligence.
With headquarters in Atlantic Canada, we are currently looking to grow a new team of Field Technicians in Victoria, British Columbia and surrounding area (Keating, Saanich etc.). The position will be Full-time Temporary with a possibility of permanent employment at the end of the contract.
As a member of our field team you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and technical expertise through the installation of a suite of telecommunication products in customer locations. Additionally, you may be tasked with troubleshooting faults from the pole to the customer premises which may impair the operations of the services in which we install. You will also naturally be committed to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work practices.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of interior and exterior optical outlets and lines in the residence
- Installation of Fibre Optic cable, telephone, and high speed internet equipment
- Upgrades and disconnects of Fibre Optic cable, internet and television products
- Ladder usage (30+ feet)
- Heavy Lifting over 60+lb
- Troubleshooting of Fibre Optic cable, internet and telephone products
- Driving to and from scheduled appointments
- Time reporting
- Maintaining assigned vehicle and tools
- Maintaining stock requirement in vehicle for all job situations
Education and Experience :
- 2-3 year experience in a similar position
- Experience with DSL Installation
- Completion of secondary school, grade 12
- Electronics course work considered an asset
- Mechanical and fusion splicing considered assets
- Ability to prioritize work orders
- Ability to work independently
- Customer service skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
- Work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, holidays and emergency type situations
- Work in all weather conditions (including snow, rain, hot and cold temperatures)
- Kneel, crouch and work above shoulders
- Work in a safe manner at heights from and near energized equipment and/or power lines.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by visiting the careers section of our website: www.kerrgroup.ca
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.