As a Telecommunications management professional you will be responsible for the Field Technicians performing installation and repair of Wightman’s products including Telephone, Internet, IPTV and Business solutions. The management of the team will focus on Customer Service skills, Technical Skills, Health & Safety and adherence to the Daily Protocol of the position.
You will possess strong skills in trouble shooting and repair of copper plant as well as fibre optic splicing and installations in residential and commercial settings to assist the team. You will drive improvements in quality, professional workmanship, and continuous coaching on the team’s interactions and ability to listen, understand, and deliver superior customer service.
You will work closely with an integrated management team. Wightman’s management team delivers ongoing exemplary customer service as well as continuous improvement projects involving network evolution, process improvement and new product introduction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead, mentor and manage the Field Operations Technician team in order to create a customer-centric culture while encouraging growth and career advancement opportunities.
• Proactively demonstrate Federal and Ontario Health and Safety work safe practices to foster the safest work environment possible.
• Manage the efficient delivery of the main functions of the department.
• Define, measure and report on key performance indicators for internal and external service level agreements and drive continuous improvement within the team and its associated functions.
• Review and provide guidance with team members and upper management on new products and procedures
• Work in constant collaboration with peer Managers and departments in the delivery of Customer service orders and helping them achieve their goals and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Attract, retain, develop and motivate staff leveraging Wightman’s Vision, Mission and Values
• Ongoing staff administration activities including scheduling and timesheet approvals.
The duties as noted above are provided as a representation of the major duties of the role. The incumbent may be requested to perform task in addition to those stated above.
Core Competencies (Skills & Attributes)
• Acting with Empathy and Compassion
• Embracing Diversity
• Ensuring Accountability
• Exemplifying Integrity
• Fostering Learning and Development
• Inspiring Others
• Leading Change
• Nurturing Innovation
Organization, Planning, and Implementation:
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
• Strong time management skills.
• Excellent people skills for the ongoing coaching of staff, and internal and external customer relations.
• Excellent oral communication and listening skills
• Accurate and legible written communication.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Professional phone etiquette with customers, staff, and co-workers.
• Work effectively with others to achieve the same goals.
• Able to rely on and reciprocate technical support with co-workers.
• Work collaboratively with other departments.
• Listen to customers to understand their needs and to assure them that the primary focus is to provide superior customer service and quality workmanship.
• Knowledgeable on materials and services provided to enhance the customer’s experience.
• Ability to identify situations and systematically trouble shoot solutions using the knowledge and understanding of the tools required to swiftly resolve problems.
• Post-secondary education in Computer or Electronics preferred
• Previous experience in a supervisory/leadership role
• Solid understanding of the Telecommunication Industry – with a focus on IP delivered services.
• Previous experience cabling for telephone and TV in both business and residential environments.
• Strong knowledge of fibre optic cabling and splicing.
• Experience in telecommunications considered an asset.
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract.
• Must be bondable.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Work varies between both an office and field environment
• This position requires physical demands such as carrying and climbing ladders, kneeling, bending, and working in all types of weather conditions to assist the team.
• Specialized training consists of, but is not limited to, “Safe Ladder Handling”, “Work Area Protection”, “Electrical Awareness”, WHMIS, “Defensive Driving”, and fusion splicing.
• Additional demands include driving, working with small tools and objects, working autonomously and following tight schedules.
• Work hours may include evenings, weekend and a requirement to be available for emergency call support within the department and also in support of other departments as needed.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday October 15, 2021 5pm
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however, only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.