Work Location:Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile, a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc., is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Field Coach
Our team of Retail Specialists drive retail sales by offering best-in-class mobile plans to our customers. The Field Coach plays a key role within FREEDOM Mobile to ensure our Retail Specialists receive training and development to excel in their role and provide exceptional customer service. If you like to talk tech and engage directly with consumers, then a spot on our team could be for you!
Want to expand your career without limits? See what we have to offer!
• Team-oriented environment
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Performance-based bonuses
• Paid training program
• Group benefits plan
• Promote-from-within policy
• Recognition program
• Employee phone program
We are currently recruiting for a Field Coach with a strong retail sales background. This position will support our retail team in Vancouver East on a Full time basis.
A Day in the Life
• Engage in "on-site" training initiatives with regional sales teams
• Facilitate, present and deliver training programs to the retail audience to support the develop of knowledge and skills
• Support events and learning solutions using all mediums including in-class, store meetings, e-learning, virtual and blended (may also deliver new content through new mediums)
• Partner with The Learning Team to provide input on design, development, assessment and implementation, scalable and reusable learning solutions to meet Retail business goals
• Contribute to the design of training events, learning solutions as well as assessing and implementing sales training reinforcement tools
• Partner with The Learning Team to ensure training materials & documentation is current and relevant given market changes and evolution
• Measure, evaluate and maintain training material, core courses and programs to ensure relevance given market changes through in-store observations and performance metrics.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to learning solutions to ensure constant improvements
• Partner with Area Sales Managers to ensure all team members and Store Managers are fully trained and able to implement key learning, and assist Store Managers in sales performance improvement
• Provide regular training status updates to stakeholders
• Ability to travel to FREEDOM locations on a regular basis
Skills and Competencies
• Advanced communication skills (includes presentation, written and verbal)
• Facilitation and coaching skills
• Proven success in leading, empowering, and developing people
• Organizational and time management skills
• Assessment capabilities
• Project management skills
• Able to work independently, takes initiative and is self-directed
• Minimum 2 years’ retail sales experience
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma or certificate in business, human resources, adult learning or a related field preferred is an asset
• Exceptional sales skills with proven success, and KPI driven
• Experience in the mobile telecommunications industry a plus
• Experience and savvy with wireless devices and applications
• Customer centric, responsive with high sense of urgency in meeting timelines
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Location and Travel
• Valid driver’s license required
• Have access to a vehicle
• Varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various channels and regions: evenings and weekends
• Travel time outside of home city may be up to 50%
• Ability to manage business expenses while traveling
We are building a team of talented people who wants to connect to a career without limits and help change Canadian wireless. Join us! For more information on Freedom Mobile and to view our other opportunities, please visit www.freedommobile.ca/careers.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
BUSINESS UNIT: Wireless
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.