Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Executive Producer, News
The Shaw Media, Global News team based in Calgary is currently seeking a Full-Time Executive Producer (Digital & Broadcast). Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will directly supervise a team of producers while guiding the daily news and feature content for all of Global News Calgary’s platforms and top-rated newscasts. Shifts that include early mornings, days, evenings, and weekends will be required.
• Design, implement, and support Digital First editorial strategy for Global News Calgary
• Lead a team of producers in all aspects of first line supervision including: hiring, performance management, and scheduling
• Provide editorial oversight, direction, training, and support to all senior news producers, news producers, and associate news producers including regular newscast critiques
• Ensure daily assignments and production resources are properly deployed to ensure success including support for GlobalNews.ca, Global National and the Global News affiliate network
• Work with the Managing Editor to ensure all story coverage includes original, enterprising content for all platforms
• Provide consistent feedback to all producers, production supervisors, as well as online and newscast contributors to improve and enforce production standards
• Work across traditional newsroom boundaries to liaise and improve communication lines with supporting departments ie. Production, Marketing, Engineering
• Closely track performance to identify and ensure growth potential on all Global News Calgary's broadcasts and online, social platforms
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
• Be a natural leader with proven experience leading a complex team in a large broadcast market
• Have a passion for journalism with a strong interest in local news and a vision for the future
• Be an effective communicator who works independently and thrives under pressure
• Possess strong fundamental knowledge in broadcast and online news
• Have a proven track record of producing at a high level including live field productions with a minimum of seven (7) years of producing/online experience
• Possess a broadcast-related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
We are looking for a leader who is a plugged-in multi-tasker with a positive can-do attitude. Previous management and demonstrated leadership experience is a must.
Preference will be given to candidates who can suggest new workflows that integrate online and broadcast news to build a multi-skilled workforce positioned for the future.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers Executive Producer J0915-1760