Radio Marketing and Advocacy Organization
The Canadian Association of Broadcasters’ (CAB) CEO Radio Council (The Council) is launching a new initiative – an organization that will commission research, combine it with existing information and create presentations that will outline the radio advantage to both English and French-language broadcasters.
The dynamic and progressive organization will work with best-in–class research, radio broadcasters, advertising agencies, rep houses and advertisers to demonstrate the great ROI and advantages that radio brings to clients looking to meet their business goals.
The Council is looking for a dynamic, forward looking and passionate individual to serve as Executive Director of the organization. The organization’s offices will be located in Toronto. Reporting to the Council, the Executive Director will be responsible for developing a vision to increase radio’s presence in the media mix chosen by local advertisers and agencies and executing it. The Executive Director will also be instrumental in positioning the radio industry in the digital arena. This will require the following attributes:
- Strong strategic analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Extensive experience in sales and sales management
- An ability to work with a board of directors.
- An ability to develop research pieces to meet the organization’s goals.
- The ability to make dynamic presentations to major national advertisers and clients.
- A proven capacity to develop presentations for use with national, regional and local clients. These presentations will most often be delivered by local and regional broadcasters.
- The ability to supervise other professionals and administer an annual budget.
While bilingualism is not a requirement for this position, it will be considered an asset. The applicant must demonstrate the capacity to oversee preparation of material for both official language groups.
Those wishing to apply should forward their resumés along with references by February 19th to Sylvie Bissonnette at the CAB (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail or by fax at 613-233-6961.