Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant in the Law Department of our Ottawa location. Reporting to two lawyers, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day administrative activities.
Division: Law Department
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, ON
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Government Relations and Compliance, you will be responsible for supporting the regulatory team in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
Provide administrative support, including:
- Open and maintain files and filing system, process and code invoices, type, format and revise range of legal and related documents, prepare, send and follow up on correspondence, prepare courier packages, coordinate obtaining signatures, order supplies, manage telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail, process mail, photocopy, scan and fax
- Maintain deadline-reminder system and document-management system
- Manage and coordinate meetings, appointments, schedules and calendars, make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports
- Arrange meetings with internal and external contacts, including staff, customers, regulatory bodies, and outside legal counsel
- Responsible for regulatory filings
- Responsible for supporting and organizing weekly Regulatory Meetings
- Responsible for maintaining tracking chart and filing responses to CBSC
- Conduct searches on CRTC website as needed
- Responsible for monthly Lobby Registration filings
- Provide some support to Corporate Records Law Clerk
What We Need From You:
- Minimum two years experience as an administrative assistant to a senior manager
- Ability to speak and write in both English and French
- Ability to draft correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure due to tight deadlines, and to handle competing priorities
- Excellent speaking and listening skills
- Superior knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with naming conventions and data base management would be an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2016.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.