We are looking for top talent to fill our new bilingual roles in our Oakville, ON office. We are very excited about the arrival of enthusiastic Francophones, who will spice up the ambiance and the culture at Pelmorex!
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Life at Pelmorex: Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Pelmorex Pride: We are proud to be the undisputed leader of weather and travel information through websites, applications, specialty television networks and commercial weather services. We reach, on average, 40 million users each month. The Weather Network / MétéoMédia are the #1 Weather App in Canada with 4.2M unique average users. We also have the #1 iPad Weather App in Canada and a 2M average monthly reach on Desktop & Tablets (generating 113M average monthly page views). Our number one focus is our employees and we have won numerous awards for outstanding achievement in employee satisfaction, including being named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and Canadian HR Team of the Year Award 2015.
We’re all about the WOW: We need people with ideas; people who challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We need enthusiastic people and collaborators. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you? To find out, you’ll need to apply!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Job Type: 2 Full Time & 2 Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Bilingual is Essential: French & English
We absolutely require bilingual Talent (French/English) to ensure that we deliver the best final product to our viewers. Employees working for the MétéoMédia operations will communicate in French between the Montreal and Oakville offices.
As the ENG Editor, you are responsible for editing video and audio footage on a non-linear system for MétéoMédia & other Pelmorex platforms as needed.
The Job: A day in the life of an ENG Editor:
You will perform various technical jobs in a digital environment including:
- Edit and/or update daily video segments, programming features or elements, and ensure the completion of the products in a timely fashion
- Verify the quality of the product before going to air
- Archive productions of MétéoMédia programming
- Ingest commercials and ensure the correct AFD information has been added
- Ensure closed captioning is present on all edited products
- Record or ingest live programing segments and make sure they are sent to the appropriate areas (The correct AirBoss schedule, Video server, Final Cut or the Ardome Media asset management system)
- Work with the Engineering staff to report any technical issues that may arise in Master Control and E.N.G.
- Carry out any other responsibilities and tasks related to this position
- Must be able to work various shifts, including evenings, overnights, weekends and statutory holidays
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
- Bilingual(Fluent in French & English)
- Post-secondary diploma in art and media technology, Television production or other related fields
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of relevant experience in the field or other combinations meeting the requirements of the position
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems (preferably Final Cut Pro 7) is essential
- Good understanding of technical broadcast equipment including, Master Control Switcher, AirBoss – Florical automation system, Evertz router and MVP monitoring system
What makes you stand out?
- Ability to problem Solve
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under time pressures
- Work well in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work to exacting standards
- Able to handle stress
- Knowledge of various digital file formats
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to monitor feeds for technical quality using waveform, vector scope and VU meters
Send your resume to HireMe@pelmorex.com. Please quote “ENG Editor – Full Time” or “ENG Editor – Part Time” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of third party pre-employment background checks.
Pelmorex Media Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.